Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Peppermint Oil for Headaches and Allergies

Did you know that you can help relieve headaches and allergy symptoms with pure essential oils? I don't suffer from headaches very often, but when I do get them, I am not one to reach for the tylenol or advil. I used to just wait it out and bare the pain, but then I got into using essential oils and found that peppermint oil is an awesome home remedy for headaches.

Simply take a few drops of peppermint oil, and blend it with a small amount of a carrier oil such as, coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, etc, and rub on your entire forehead, temples, behind the ears and behind the neck. The coolness of the peppermint will take the edge off of your headache. Reapply as needed until the headache is gone.

Peppermint oil is also good for allergies. Simply take a few drops with your carrier oil, and rub along the bridge of your nose. You will notice almost immediately that your sinuses open up. I also like to take a few drops of peppermint oil, lemon oil, and lavender oil mixed with a carrier oil and rub the mixture on the soles of my feet and all over my chest and neck for added allergy relief.


No comments:

Post a Comment