Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Coconut Oil

Hey all,
Sorry I have been MIA this past week. My little one hasn't been feeling too great so she has been taking up most of my time. I wanted to write a little something since its been a while since my last post. I still need to post about the homemade rice and oat infant cereal, so Rachel if you are reading this, please know that I haven't forgotten!
Ok, so something that I use almost every day is coconut oil. I use the Better Body Foods Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Here is a photo of the coconut oil I use
One thing that I love about coconut oil is that it is SO versatile. I am still fairly new to using it, but I like to look up new things to use it for. Here are a few things I've used it for so far:

  • Homemade toothpaste
  • Diaper Cream
  • Deodorant
  • Shaving cream
  • Carrier oil for essential oils
  • Oil pulling
  • Butter substitute in baking 
  • Use in place of olive oil
  • Face moisturizer
  • Condition ends of hair
  • Add to smoothies to get in healthy fats
 If you would like instructions on how to use coconut oil for any of these uses, I would be happy to post a blog about it. Just let me know what interests you and I will give you the information.

Here is a list of different uses for coconut oil that I have not yet tried, but plan on trying soon.


  • Fat burning aid
  • Hand cream
  • Stretch mark remover
  • Thyroid function support and immunity booster
  • Add to dogs water to freshen breath
  • Sunscreen
Like I mentioned before, if you are interested in anything from the top list, don't hesitate to let me know. I am always needing new ideas for a blog post, since after all, I am doing this for you all. Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment